The Pastoral Support Worker participates in a wide range of school community activities, helping to create a caring and inclusive learning environment within the school.
Some examples of services provided are :
- On request, provide initial support or information to students, staff and other school community members.
- With written, informed parental consent, provide on-going personal assistance to individual students, subject to duty of care, consent, confidentiality and disclosure requirements and the Code of Conduct.
- Offer support or information with regard to critical situations, grief, family breakdown.
- Be available to provide ongoing support to individuals and/or families.
- Provide additional opportunities for families to feel supported.
Karen Thorogood (PCW)
Pastoral Support Worker - Karen Thorogood